Shake It Up!, the Orlando Shakes gala held Sunday, Feb. 26, was a huge success thanks to the many restaurants that participated either serving food at the reception, as Russell’s on Lake Ivanhoe, pictured above, and Tap Room at Dubsdread, or as a silent auction prize.
The silent auction items, including a wide range of restaurants presented as the Scott Joseph Collection, helped to raise a good amount of money for the evening. In fact, the silent auction made more than five times what it raised last year.
And congratulations to Ellen Prague for being the successful bidder to join me for dinner at Enzo’s on the Lake to help me write an updated review.
Thanks to all of the participating restaurants, including additional reception stations from Chicken Guy!, Buca di Beppo, Capa at the Four Seasons Orlando, Rosen Hotels, Arthur’s Catering, Kelly’s Ice Cream and UCF Catering with Aramark (which had deliciously spicy lamb bites).
- And the many restaurants and hotels who generously donated gift cards, dinners and stays:
- One night’s stay at the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes and dinner at Primo.
- The Whiskey and Wine Bar George, featuring a whiskey sampler and gift card to The Whiskey and dinner at Wine Bar George.
- Four Flamingo’s: A Richard Blais Florida Kitchen dinner for two.
- Dinner at Hemisphere.
- Gift card to Tabla Indian Restaurant.
- One night’s stay at JW Marriott Bonnet Creek and gift card to illume.
- One night’s stay at Waldorf Astoria and dinner at Bull & Bear.
- Morimoto Asia omakase experience for two.
- Bison and Bourbon Experience for 8 at The Hangry Bison.
- Eddie V’s Prime Seafood Feast.
- One night’s stay at Celeste Hotel and dinner at Aurora.
- Dinner at Christner’s Prime Steak & Lobster and a bottle of Single-Barrel Bourbon.
- Quantum Leap case of wine with your own personalized labels.
- One nights’ stay at the Swan and Dolphin and $250 gift card to use at any of the 22 restaurants there.
- One night’s stay at the Delaney Hotel and dinner at Delaney’s Tavern.
- Enzo's on the Lake