- As reported earlier this week, Cinco Tacos + Tequila closed after little more than seven months. Following that news, one of the owners, Greg Pranzo, told other members of the media that the restaurant would be moving. However, my sources tell me that isn’t likely. Also probably not happening: East Hampton Bait & Tackle, which Pranzo had planned to open, last November, in the former TR Fire Grill space. Don’t confuse this restaurant with the Hampton Social, which is still on track to open this year at Pointe Orlando.
- Speaking of Pointe Orlando, Hopdoddy Burger Bar will open Monday, Feb. 18, in the former Funky Monkey space.
- Don’t leave the Pointe yet — Lotus Asia House will open there Thursday, Feb. 21. It goes into the former Ra Sushi spot.
- The Pie in College Park has apparently shut down its ovens. Again.
- For those of you who like to plan ahead, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin has announced the dates for this year’s Food & Wine Classic, Nov. 8 and 9. No need to start queuing up yet.
- Anyone who has driven Orange Avenue south of Michigan Street will recall the red double decker bus that has been in front of the Car Bar for, well forever, it seems. It’s gone, recently sold. But look for it to have a new life as a fish and chipperie near Sand Lake Road and International Drive.
- There’s another big restaurant planned for that same area, but I’m sworn to secrecy for the moment. I’ll tell you about it soon. It’s big.
- The new Lucky’s Market has opened in Sodo and it’s featuring the food retail line from Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida, A Spoon Full of Hope.
- I wish more grocery stores would open in that area because it really make the Publix that I shop at clean up its act (and its aisles) and add a lot more upscale products.
A drawing every Friday for a restaurant gift card. If you get the SJO eletter, you're entered to win. If not, click this link and join us.