A smorgasbord of bits and tids to chew on.
- A couple of Disney Springs neighbors are collaborating on a fun dinner later in June. Yuki Fujinaga, the chef de cuisine at Morimoto Asia has invited James and Julie Petrakis of the Polite Pig to participate in the second Morimoto Asia Guest Chef Series. Pigs n' Pints will feature an array of Pan-Asian and Southern-inspired dishes, many of which will be true fusion dishes bridging Asia and the American South. There will also be an array of craft beers from local breweries, including Cask & Larder, Coppertail, Crooked Can Brewing Co., Red Cypress and Red Light Red Light. Sunday, June 24, from noon to 3 p.m. on the second level of Morimoto Asia. Tickets are $55 for adults and $25 for 12 and under (no beer) and you can get them here.
- There will be another collaborative dinner this Sunday, June 10, in Baldwin Park between Elek Kovacs of Osprey Tavern and Huy Tin of Seito Sushi. As you may know, the two restaurants are across the street from each other and both are owned by Jason and Sue Chin. The dinner is called East Meets West, and as it turns out, Seito Sushi is on the east side of New Broad Street and Osprey is on the west. Five course, $95 or $135 with pairings. Starts at 6 p.m. on the west side of the street, but get your tickets before hand.
- Agave Azul is scheduled to open its second location on June 18 in Winter Park in the space that was Square 1 Burgers for a brief moment in time. The Orlando Agave Azul was the gold winner of the 2017 Best Mexican Foodster Award for Independent Restaurants.
- Fuzzy's Taco Shop, a Texas chain that apparently does not find anything off putting about its name, has opened at 131 N. Orange Ave. in downtown Orlando. I don't know about you, but when I find fuzzy food in my fridge I throw it out.
- Cafe Linger has opened in the former NYPD Pizza space in College Park.
- We're in the midst of Bite 30, the Orlando Weekly sponsored restaurant promotion. Through the end of the month, participating restaurants offer a multi-course menu for $30. Bite Night, a walkabout event featuring some of the restaurants, will be Monday, June 25. See the restaurants, see the details, buy tickets here. Personally, I have a teething puppy, so every night is bite night.
- Le Crave of Waterford Lakes will have its grand opening Friday, June 8. Coffee, crepes, wine is what it offers. And no, there's no relation to the restaurant chain called Crave that came and went in the Millenia area.
- This is Negroni Week, what did you get me?