It was exactly a year ago — November 5, 2013 — that renowned chef Charlie Trotter died at the age of 54. So it seems fitting to choose today to tell you about a grand tribute that his friend Norman Van Aken is planning to benefit the organization that was founded in his name.
A Tribute to Charlie Trotter will be held at Norman's at the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes on Saturday, December 13, from 7 until 10 p.m. Tickets are $200 per person plus tax and gratuity. Proceeds will benefit the Trotter Project, an organization formed to honor the late chef through programs, services and events that promote culinary and personal excellence.
The evening will feature culinary stations helmed by Van Aken and his Norman's staff as well as several of Central Florida's most celebrated chefs. In addition, sommeliers will offer wines to match the dishes being offered. You can expect this to be more than your usual cocktail-party-style nibbles; these chefs will be offering their best efforts to wow the crowd.
Among those participating are:
- James and Julie Petrakis, The Ravenous Pig and Cask & Larder
- Hari Pulapaka, Cress Restaurant
- Greg Baker, The Refinery, Tampa
- Scott Hunnell, Victoria & Albert's
- Brandon McGlamery, Luma on Park and Prato
- Timothy Keating, Flying Fish Café
- Greg Richie, Soco Restaurant
- Ryan Vargas, Emeril's Tchoup Chop
- John Rivers, 4 Rivers Smokehouse and The Coop
- Kathleen Blake, The Rusty Spoon
- David Serus, The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
- Stephane Cheramy, The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
The event will feature a silent auction that will also benefit the Trotter Project.
For tickets, call 407-393-4333.
Norman's at the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes is at 4012 Central Florida Parkway, Orlando.