This is a first-time category for our Foodster Awards for Independent Restaurants, but it somehow seems a natural choice: Best Takeout.
During the nominating phase, you may vote for up to three candidates. Voting will continue through June 3. The restaurants receiving the most votes will advance to the finals.
When deciding whom to vote for, consider the food, of course, but also consider the takeout experience. Give special consideration to the restaurants that have had to reconfigure their business model to provide takeout during the pandemic.
Items for evaluation:
- Takeout menu: Is there a special menu that focuses on foods that are appropriate for takeout
- Ease of ordering: If by phone, is the person taking the order courteous and careful? If online, are the descriptions concise and thorough, and are you able to complete the transaction easily?
- Pickup experience: Was the food ready when promised? Was curbside pickup provided?
- Packaging of the order: Clearly marked containers and attention to items that might spill.
- Quality of the food: Was everything properly prepared and did it taste good? No need to deduct points for food that has to be reheated – that’s sometimes the nature of takeout.
You may also nominate a favorite restaurant that isn’t already on the list – but PLEASE VERIFY THE NAME ISN’T ALREADY THERE. Duplicates and any votes they may have accumulated will be deleted.
Also, remember: The Foodster Awards are for Independent Restaurants. Only those with three or fewer locations may be nominated.
Finally, after placing your vote, leave a comment below telling us who you voted for and why. (Be sure to mention the restaurant’s name; we can’t see who you voted for.)
Finalists will be announced June 4.
Here are the nominees: