Exec. Chef Michael Rumplick
Focaccia Crusted Lamb
- 1cup Focaccia bread toasted & ground
- 2 tablespoons each chopped fresh parsley, rosemary & sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- ¼ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and set a side
1 each lamb rack trimmed & frenched
¼ cup Dijon mustard
Season the lamb rack with salt & coarse ground black pepper. Then sear the lamb with 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy skillet until nicely browned on both sides. Once browned, brush the lamb with the mustard: then top with the focaccia crust about ¼ inch thick, keeping the curst on the lamb and off the bones.
Place lamb in a 400°oven and roast for about 15 minutes until an internal temp of 135° is reached then remove from the oven and let rest for 10minutes before slicing into chops.