Here's the Mushroom Risotto that chef Scott Hunnel of Victoria & Albert's cooked at the Orlando Home Show.
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 small onion, minced, about 1 1/4 cup
2 cups arborio risotto
5 1/2 cups chicken stock
1/2 pound mushrooms, chopped in bite-size pieces
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Black truffle oil, optional
1. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in a medium-sized heavy-bottomed saucepan.
2. Add onions and sauté for 4 minutes; add risotto and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes more to coat rice.
3. Reduce heat to low and gradually add 1 cup chicken stock, stirring often, until the rice has absorbed the liquid. Add remaining broth, 1 cup at a time, cooking and stirring to absorb each addition of broth before adding more, about about 30 minutes. Risotto should be creamy.
4. Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium-high and sauté mushrooms. Set aside.
5. Remove risotto from heat and stir in mushrooms, butter, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper into risotto. Drizzle with truffle oil, if desired. Serve immediately.