Below is the recipe for Chicken & Waffles from TR Fire Grill, Compliments of the Chef, Bob Gallagher.
Watch the video to see how it's done.
Chicken & Waffles
As needed Chicken breast, approx 5 oz. each, 1/2" thick
2 quarts Water
4 Tablespoons Kosher salt
1/2 Cup fresh Lemon juice
1-1/2 teaspoons Black pepper, medium grind
1-1/2 teaspoons Poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
1. Combine water and spices. Mix until salt is dissolved.
2. Add chicken breast into the brine.
3. Refrigerate overnight, but not more than 18 hours.
2-1/2 Cups Water
3-1/2 Cups Pancake / Waffle batter mix
1/4 Cup Fresh sage, finely chopped, without stems
1/4 Cup Cooked bacon, finely chopped
1/4 Cup White Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Pour water to mixing bowl.
2. Combine pancake flour and mix by hand with a wire whip. Batter can have some
3. Add sage, bacon and Cheddar.
4. Season preheated circular shaped waffle iron. Pour batter and close the waffle iron.
5. Cook, approximately 5 minutes or more following manufacturers directions.
6. Remove waffle once crisp.
4 ounces Butter, soften
2 Tablespoons Fresh sage, finely chopped, without stems
1. Blend until consistent
1. Remove chicken breast from brine.
2. Dip into buttermilk.
3. Dredge it into seasoned flour.
4. Deep fried in vegetable oil, preheated to 350F, and cook for approx. 5 minutes or
until chicken is an internal temperature of 165F.
5. Remove from oil and shake off excess oil.
6. Toss fried chicken breast in 2-3 Tablespoons of sage butter until evenly coated.
1. Cut waffle in half.
2. Place waffle piece on plate. Place one piece of fried chicken.
3. Place remaining waffle half on the chicken.
4. Place second chicken breast on the waffle, stacking.
5. Insert a wooded skewer into the chicken and waffle to stack.
6. Ladle agave syrup over the chicken and waffles.
7. serve immediately,