Amid the many cancellations there is one event that is still going on as planned: The Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival at Raglan Road Irish Pub in Disney Springs. It kicks off tonight, March 13, and continues through March 17, the official St. Patrick’s Day.
(Although Walt Disney World parks are closing Sunday, Disney Springs and its many retail shops and restaurants will remain open.)
The Mighty Festival has become an annual celebration of all things Irish, with virtually nonstop entertainment from Raglan’s in-house dancers and musicians plus a cavalcade of visiting entertainers.
New this year will be a Whiskey Pairing Dinner on Monday, March 16. The three-course menu will be available from 3 to 11 p.m. Cost of the whiskey pairing is $60 plus tax and gratuity. I’ve got the full menu posted below.
Of course the whiskey dinner is in addition to the restaurant’s regular menu of contemporary Irish dishes. And the Rollicking Raglan Weekend Brunch will be served Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
There is no entry fee to the Mighty Festival Friday through Monday, and reservations are being accepted. On Tuesday, St. Patrick’s Day, it’s a first-come, first-seated basis with a $10 cover charge for those 18 and over. Make reservations for March 13 through 16 by calling 407-938-0300.
By the way, don’t go to Raglan Road’s Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival expecting to have a green beer. That’s an American invention and not something you’ll find in an authentic Irish pub. And Raglan Road happens to be the number one Irish pub in the country. So you’re going to find a true authentic celebration here.
Check below for the Whiskey Pairing Dinner menu and below that for a list of entertainers for the weekend.
March 16, 2020 Whiskey Dinner Menu (Regular menu also available)
Served 3-11 pm -- Choose one Starter, Main and Dessert pairing
Whiskey BBQ glazed chicken lollipops, Roasted Corn & Bacon Crumble with corn puree
Fields of Green
Powers Irish Whiskey, cold pressed apple cider, Pine Liqueur, cracked pepper.
Whiskey glazed pork cheek, smoked potato terrine, apple espuma & pork crackling crumb
Black Barrel Old Fashioned
Jameson Black Barrel, simple syrup, angostura bitters with an orange twist
Whiskey cured house smoked salmon, lemon & herb crushed potatoes, pea texture & horseradish with crispy skin
Green Spot Sidecar
Green Spot, lemon juice, triple sec, simple syrup
Whiskey braised beef cheek, triple cooked duck fat chips, whiskey & vinegar salt, mushroom ketchup & crispy onions
Redbreast 12yr, lemon juice, ginger syrup, Campo Viejo Rioja
Apple baked dumplings, whiskey butterscotch Jameson sauce and milk ice cream
Whiskey chocolate caramel brownie, Guinness marshmallow and graham cracker crunch
Traditional Irish Coffee
Middleton 2017 Vintage Reserve
$60 (plus tax and gratuity)
- Strings & Things will bring their contemporary Irish Trad/Folk/Roots crossover talent from Tipperary and Galway to the festival stage. Their unique sound and powerful stage energy promise a raucous evening of music and song.
- TradGad – Three talented musicians from Kerry, Dublin and Galway will charm Mighty Festival crowds with their vibrant performances on guitar, fiddle, mandolin, uilleann pipes, tin whistle, banjo and bouzouki.
- Maca -- Two Irish sister-musician-songwriters dubbed “Ireland’s next big thing” will rock the Raglan Road Pub stages with their extraordinary talent.
- Fia Rua, featuring band members from Ireland and Scotland, will blend their musical backgrounds to perform and wow audiences with a unique Celtic sound.
- Mike Waters, from the southeast of Ireland, will perform Irish songs and ballads from traditional to contemporary with a good measure of chat and humor.
- Emily Furlong, an extraordinary singer/entertainer from Wexford, Ireland, will captivate crowds with her stunning voice.
- No Half Measures – an exciting, fresh and vibrant four-piece band from Scotland, Cork and Kilkenny will spin their youthful, contemporary sound for the Mighty Festival audience.
- The Raglan Road Irish Dancers – Plucked from the cast and stages of the world’s greatest Irish dance shows, the Raglan Road Irish Dancers perform throughout the Mighty Festival. You can even learn some traditional Irish dance steps – no experience necessary.