- Published on Tuesday, 29 May 2012 15:35
- Written by Scott Joseph
The 17th edition of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival will run from Sept. 28 through November 12, 2012 -- a record 46 days, one day longer than usual. New this year: TERRA Marketplace, featuring vegan menu items.
Also new: Marketplace Chef Tours. Each Wednesday during the festival, Marketplace chefs will host walk-and-taste tours around the World Showcase with stops at five kiosks.
The vegan menu items at TERRA will include Trick’n Chick’n Curry with Basmati Rice and Chili Colorado with House-Made Chips and Cashew Cheese. The Sunshine State will be represented with a booth, as well. FLORIDA Marketplace will introduce fresh twists on regional flavor samplings.
Other festival highlights include:
- More than 270 chefs including Disney chefs and culinary stars from across the country conducting culinary demonstrations and hosting dinners and tasting events.
- A complimentary Marketplace Discovery Passport to be stamped at each international marketplace visited for the perfect scrapbook souvenir.
- Party for the Senses grand tasting events Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27 and Nov. 3 featuring tempting bites from eminent chefs, more than 50 wines and beers and live entertainment.
- “3D” Disney’s Dessert Discovery on select Fridays.
Party for the Senses, Grand Tasting events and other special wine and culinary programs require reservations and fees additional to the Epcot admission fee. The date tickets will go on sale has not yet been announced, but last year the phone lines opened at 7 a.m. August 16. But I’ll let you know as soon as I hear.
What is a Flog?
A flog is a food blog with news and reviews of restaurants. Here you'll find all things edible, lots of things to drink, including expert wine advice, and lots of other stuff.